Sunday 20 November 2016

Dummy Spits and Games ON Thrones

If you read my hinting status report on facebook you may be wondering what I was on about and what Shaun and I have won.....well for those who don't have young kids you may be let down with an anti climax as no we haven't won a car or a trip to the Maldives but we got Koby to  sleep most of the night ......with help....from the dummy! I'm sure its pretty mundane for most but a win for us as Koby has gone from being not a bad sleeper to quite nocturnal . I was reluctant to use the dummy as Joanie wasn't a big fan of it (only used it briefly  for a few months) plus I wanted to avoid having to wein him off another thing, but desperate times come for desperate measures. I'm no doctor but I suspect his change in sleeping pattern was also because he couldn't roll easily in his grow bag in the cot and the rolling helps him release gas . When he's on his tummy rolling on his beautiful quilt (Thank's Aunty Jani) on the floor he's at his happiest and there's a lot of tootin' going on so little boy is de gasing himself haha. There's also been a turn from the Dry to Wet Season so we have only recently put our air con on. We are quite tough compared to others up here and have our air con only on 26-28 and he only has a light muslin cloth or light grow bag . We are of the opinion that we don't want them too used to the air con as they will be doing heaps of camping with us!
A very happy Koby on his beautiful custom made quilt
Not the best quality photo but I love the faces xx

Jb's Throne!

So the Dummy+ Air Con  = better sleeping pattern was a win for Koby and us but there has also been another win for Miss Red.....she's a big girl and now going to the ol' WC by herself!!! Again this might be TMI ( too much info for my older readers haha)  but a huge milestone for the older sis and been a long time coming. I have gone from toilet time being a very private thing and time that I get a quick break/ rest to it being a huge event and getting commentary when our big girl goes ( gross but funny) I'm now just trying to get her to understand its a part of life and not something she will forever get a reward for .

Hopefully the wins will continue as Joanie has her yearly review in Perth coming up on Friday and we will get to speak to the surgeons about her progress  , fingers crossed they still believe no more surgeries are required . 

Oh and I'm hoping for "winning " good behaviour from both of them on the plane as I'm not looking forward to taking an infant and toddler alone on a plane , hoping Jb's love of planes will mean she is in good spirits and that Koby is restful . 

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband for tomorrow X


No comments:

Post a Comment