Friday 6 February 2015

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!

Those of you who have been following my blog will know that Jb has been delayed with a few things such as tummy time and crawling. We have been lucky enough to have a wonderful physio at the Broome Hospital who has been working with us in creating exercises for her to get stronger with her upper body strength. Jb ended up getting very strong with her tummy time and core strength .
I have been told that I was also slow in supporting my neck due to also having cranio stenosis, it only makes sense doesn't it? when your head isn't perfectly round it won't be perfectly balanced? Anyway we both got there but it doesn't make us as parents any more patient. Then it was hard for me in particular to watch all the bubs around us crawling, standing and then walking  when Jb wasn't even crawling. Everyone says "Enjoy it while you can!" easier said then done when it comes to developmental milestones!

Anyway today which is Jb's 13 month birthday she crawled from one side of the house to the other( with little breaks in between where she clapped at herself) I was sooooooo beside myself with happiness ! Unfortunately Shaun wasn't at the house at the time, but I video taped it for him and showed it to him as soon as he came home! As well as crawling Jb is pulling herself up onto furniture and standing with little support so hopefully walking wont be far away either.

Now I can believe when people say " She'll get there" "Enjoy it whilst you can" " All bubs go at different paces with different things".


Jb you're the best!

Ps This post has been long time coming as I just worked out how to attach vid via iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment