Tuesday 7 October 2014

Looks like it is really happening ...

Weird how it just takes a set of documentation to strike a chord with you that something really is going to happen. We just got the admission paperwork for Joanie's operation and it has made me feel very sick to the stomach. They have put an estimate of seven days for the stay but I think that's being optimistic. Maybe I'm just a bit cynical or maybe a better word is "realistic" after last time that this kind of surgery has a strong chance of leading to infections after due to multiple broken bones and movement. As the wound is near to the brain they don't rush patients out of hospital until they're very assured suture wound is healthy and healing and the patient is demonstrating healthy behaviour, same goes with our flight back, Jb wont be fit to fly for quite a while after I imagine. Hopefully Jb and I will be back with Shaun for Christmas as unfortunately he wont be able to stay with us for the entire time as someone has to earn some money!!
 
Sorry this is not a cheery post I will endeavour to create a happier one tomorrow!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment