Wednesday 1 October 2014

Pinch and Punch for the first of the month!!

First of October and we are getting more and more nervous as it's now under a month until the big operation. As always we are trying to keep a happy atmosphere for Joanie so she doesn't pick up on any anxiety or negativity.
 
Little Miss Tassie Devil is very reluctant to have day naps, apparently I was the same. When she was a very young newborn she used to fall asleep any where and everywhere. Some of the mums in mums group commented how "chillaxed" she was falling asleep in the middle of a rug of other crying bubs or sitting on my lap. Those days are gone !! Jb is good with night sleeps and sleeps through most nights, only waking occasionally for feeds if she's going through a growth spurt.
I am in the process of trying to get stricter with day sleeps and put her in a dark room, in her grow bag in her cot at set times every day  hoping that a routine will occur. Sometimes routines go out the window when you have functions or appointments. The funny thing is if we're in transit somewhere, either in a car or her pram she often falls asleep, must be the motion, I do count those naps as day sleeps, only thing is I can't rest when she's resting as I need to drive DOH!!
 
Mum often told me as a bub they called me "the tooth" as I ate anything offered to me, well I think Jb is taking after me !!! I have just started her on steamed broccoli and she also loves steamed carrot and mushrooms and beef from beef hot pots that I make in the slow cooker. She just sucks on the tender morsels of beef  until there's little left. I've learnt its often a good idea to give her a bath after as she REALLY enjoys eating and as they often say when eating at a chinese restaurant, you can tell if you've enjoyed the meal if foods all over the table!
 
The first of October is Nanny Karen's birthday, how we wish we could give you a personalised kiss and cuddle! We are hoping after this whole ordeal we can have a family reunion in the Goldcoast March next year if the little trooper is fully recovered.
 
I hope you enjoy these photos of Joanie feasting on little trees...


3 comments:

  1. We had a win!! Jb slept an hour an a half yesterday and after having a feed at 4.30 this morning went back to sleep till 9am which I am counting as a day nap!! persistence is the key!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. persistence, yes! some lavender in the room help me with Aidan and soft music also did.. but every baby is different my name-niece will let you know little by little what works for her..and yes definitely when she sleeps you do too :) camomile tea for Mami Eri :)

    ReplyDelete